Stages of rice
For grain rice as you eat a meal, imagine you need to spend a lot of stages with plenty of time.
Vietnam is an agricultural country and thus farmers use mainly rice cultivation in their region to nurture life and they consume mainly in life.
It depends on each region and the relief of the terrain where you practice one or two or three crops of rice per year, and of course with different rice varieties suitable to fertalité of this ground. In northern Vietnam, farmers grow two crops in average rice for the base regions (Red River Delta), and regions with low hills. But in the high mountain regions, it also benefits from the earth to practice afficacement culture digging the mountain to the rice terraces. This is due to the terrain and climate typical of the mountainous region where people can practice only a single rice crop.
But Vietnam must have the most rice is to the south (Mekong Delta), the weather and climate are good for growing rice and this is the advantage for this region and thus people benefit to three crops of rice per year.
*/ The varieties of rice
There are many, about three hundred different varieties throughout the country, but they are divided into two main kinds promordialement: Plain rice and sticky rice.
For everyday meals, we mainly uses ordinary rice and glutinous rice is kept for celebrations and important ceremonies of the year or the family as grasp this kind of valuable and is more fragrant rice, and so it does not give much performance on the same surface of the ground for ordinary rice and especially can not consume daily meal because it makes us get tired quickly. But it is very fragrant with alcohol glutinous rice.
*/ The steps for white rice meal
First, we must choose the paddy "brown rice" = good grain brown rice.
- / On the good seed grain brown rice (how to do is put in a bag and then placed in warm water a few days pedant. These grains will shoot. Imagine how shoots soybeans.
- / Sow these shoots in a small fertile land, well prepared before, and often put a little ash to keep moisture to help push out these shoots. (It is hard to 2 weeks)
- / While the rice is expected grow, we must prepare for the rice surface after transplanting. These are traditionally plowed rice (either by force of animals, either by night or the mechanism by human power), and then harrowed by putting water in the rice and a little or a lot of fertilizer or chemical or natural.
- / When the rice seedlings have the height of about 15 -20cm, they are taken and transplanted by hand into the well prepared rice almost online.
- / After transplanting, one must often go to the rice fields to get water and remove weeds grow together with the rice.
- / When the rice is pushed and starts giving ears, one does not put more water in the paddy field to dry land to make easily after harvest. At this time, the rice has about a meter or 50 meter (it depends on the variety of rice)
- / When the rice is ripe, it is harvested. Rice is traditionally cut with faucile and made small handles to easily hype.
- / Rice and rice stem is separated by beating against stone or now through the machine it takes less time and much less human effort. Then, the rice was dried with 2 or 3 suns.
- / For white grains without bark, bark on the machine or once you put them in a mill and turn to crush the rice and then they are in a mortar and pounded then is flying off the bark to keep only white beans in the basket.
- / It cooks and eats.
Note that the stalks of rice that can feed animals like buffaloes and oxen are used to make nests for animals and take the opportunity to make natural fertilizer or even to cover the roof of the house or to make fire the kitchen.
Bark of rice are mainly to make fire and fertilizer for rice.