- Best time: November to late April - early May, that is to say during the Vietnamese winter. It never gets hot, it can even be a little cool. The weather is often gray and misty with occasional rains. Sometimes you need a kind of drizzle can fall for several days, making such Halong Bay or the Hoa Lu quite gloomy. The temperature can reach 15-20°C during the day and drop below 10°C at night. Photographers readers should not then expect to find light and azure of agency or movies brochures. From February to March, late evening, however, can hear thunderstorm. A kind of spring sets mid-March to early May. Then it's summer.
- From May to October: "the summer". Although it's rains, this period is nevertheless the driest of the year and that the highest temperatures. On average, it is 30 to 40 oC. At the end of the season, from September to November, the North can find some pretty powerful typhoons coming from the South China Sea.
- Lowest period: the months of July and August. Torrential rains, sometimes very violent.
- Best season: February to May Avoid the period between November and late January: it rains a lot. Curiously, each year, in the center, wet weather in January improves as the Tet approaches (change of the moon). The summer monsoon runs from May to November. From May to August are the hottest months (scorching) of the year. In Danang, while the average maximum temperature ranges between 33 and 34°C.
- In the highlands: Dalat, Ban Me Thuot, Pleiku, the temperature is much cooler than on the coast.
- The microclimate of Nha Trang: this town is reputed to be the most pleasant city of Vietnam Climate Plan.
- Lowest period: September and October. Time changes in monsoon; typhoons can form and fall on the coast. After the rains in November, some areas are partially flooded.
- Best season: from December to April is the dry and sunny period. February is the month when it rains the least of the year. March and April are the hottest months, with an average of 34 to 35°C.
- Lowest period: July to September, the wettest period. Fortunately, it does not rain all day. Beware of flood that can occur suddenly in the Mekong Delta between mid-August and mid-September.
To the north in winter, bring warm and waterproof clothing (sweater or fleece kind) because it can be cold (+ drizzle wind). If, during the same trip, we go to the south, also take light clothing: T -shirts, blouses, slacks.